MEVLEVI SEMA CEREMONY & SUFI MUSIC CONCERT
The Mevlevi Sema Ceremony : Mevleviye are known for their famous practice of whirling dances and dervishes. At their dancing ceremonies, or Sema, a particular musical repertoire called ayin is played. The Sema ceremony represents a mystical journey of man's spiritual ascent through mind and love to Perfect. More... Program starts with the classical turkish music concert performed by a traditional orchestra for 15 minutes. Then after The ceremony starts and lasts about 45 minutes under the amazing lighting and mystic atmosphere of Hodjapasha. Complimentary beverages and Turkish Delight service is available before the performance.
* Performed at Hodjapasa Culture Center.This Culture Center is located at the center of Historical peninsula of Istanbul and was converted from a 550 years old historical turkish bath called Hocapasa Hamami in 2008. It was originally built by Hoca Sinan Pasa who was a teacher and later vizier to Fatih Sultan Mehmet during 1470's. It was a double bath for both men and women. It was comperatively a big bath with high dome, made of cut stone and also corner walls were designed like a peacock tail. This building served as a Turkish bath till 1988. Location of the area is called Sirkeci which is next to Topkapi Palace Walls , Sirkeci Train Station formerly known also as Orient Express Train Station and Sultanahmet Area.
Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
* Performance Starts at 19:30
* Performance Duration : 1 Hour
* Complementary refreshment service starts at 18:30
* Seats are numbered
* Not suitable for wheelchairs